Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Permuted Index, may be OT

At 13:50 26/03/2004, Riaan Bredenkamp wrote:

> > A permuted Index is one where the index-term ,for want of a better word,
> > is repeated in every possible manner. By way of example:
> >
> > Say "The fat cat sleeps." is a term I want to create list in an index.

Then surely your index term processing is to mark up
the contents in all needed combinations (additional markup),
then pass through generating one additional index entry
in the content for each combination?
  final run is normal docbook processing?

could be the internal markup?
   Since I guess you dont want a fully permuted index as per your
example it seems like a manual intervention solution is called for.
HTH DaveP