Subject: Fink/OSX: "X0175" is not a function name

I'm trying to set up a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.3.3 to process docbook
documents using the tools provided by the Fink package manager at
http://fink.sourceforge.net/

I'm making progress, but am now getting hundreds of errors like this one:

openjade:/sw/share/xml/dtd/docbookx/4.1.2/ent/iso-lat2.ent:116:18:E: "X0175"
is not a function name

openjade --version shows openjade is version 1.3.2, OpenSP is version 1.5.

I dimly recall that this was a problem of not giving the path to xml.dcl to
openjade, but I've tried using both of these:

/sw/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.2/pubtext/xml.dcl
/sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-nwalsh/dtds/decls/xml.dcl

Fink is a port of Debian's apt package manager to mac os x, along with os x
ports of lots of popular packages.

Any clues are appreciated.  If I can get this working maybe I can help others
who want to do docbook on os x.

Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/
crawford@goingware.com