Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Indenting a paragraph

Guy Worthington wrote:

> I like the european way of typesetting paragraphs, where
> the first paragraph after a heading isn't indented, but
> all following paragraphs are.  Here's an idea in ASCII art:
>
> HEADING ONE
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> So I set up a customized docbook (mydocbk.dtd) attached:

There is no DTD customization needed. Only thing you need is such
modification of stylesheets that doesn't indent first para. It should be
sufficient to add something like this into your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="para[1]">
   <fo:block text-indent="0em">
     <xsl:apply-imports/>
   </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="para">
   <fo:block text-indent="1em">
     <xsl:apply-imports/>
   </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

					Jirka

         XSL-FO 20.4.                    Úvod do XML 3.5.
         DocBook 18.-19.5.               XSLT 24.-26.5.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature