Subject: Getting static content into region-start and region-end

Hello,

I want to briefly re-visit an old thread:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200212/msg00007.html

I want to get a graphic as static content into the outer margin of the
body pages of a document, so region-start on even pages and region-end
on odd pages.  I've set up 'user.pagemasters' and
'select.user.pagemasters' in my customisation driver, as described in
Chapter 11 of Bob's book.  I have two questions:

1. I assume I would only need to supply a new fo:page-sequence-master
in my user.pagemasters template if I wanted to alter the page
sequences.  If I want the standard page sequences, can I just supply
customised simple-page-masters?  They will be called by
select.user.pagemasters, right?  (Say I _did_ want to alter the page
sequence, though.  I would need to provide a different master-name for
the fo:page-sequence-master.  How would the stylesheets then know to
use my customised fo:page-sequence-master?)

2. I cannot see where to add the fo:static-content.  It can't be a
child of fo:page-sequence-master or fo:simple-page-master.  Should I
be looking at a different template for this part?  Which one?

Thanks for any help.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net