Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: problems transforming big oasis-open tables to html

Yoshihiro Toda said:
> Is it stack overflow or out of memomy? If the case is
> latter, what about -Xmx option, for max memory
> allocation size?

oh, I should have said this obviously, mea culpa.  it's a
stack overflow, like this:

E:\>java -jar bin\xslt\saxon.jar -t -o test/out.html
test/test2.xml fragmentation/cals2html.xsl
SAXON 6.5.3 from Michael Kay
Java version 1.4.2_04
Preparation time: 391 milliseconds
Processing file:/E:/test/test2.xml
Building tree for file:/E:/test/test2.xml using class
com.icl.saxon.tinytree.TinyBuilder
Tree built in 703 milliseconds
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError

BTW, cals2html.xsl is a cut-down version of the docbook
distribution's table stylesheets.  the same problem occurs
when using the original stylesheets.

> Or isn't it possible to split the table?

this will be integrated in an ant build file, and
automated to be run unattended.  so, I'm afraid splitting
is not an option.

also, on a more general note, shouldn't it be possible to
do a trivial (I know the conversion is not exactly
trivial, but it isn't nuclear physics either)
transformation of a big table using today's equipment of
ever-increasing processor speeds, gigabyte RAM, and huge
hard disks?

cheers,
Jakob.