Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Lot of doubts about formatting with xsltproc

I believe (a) and (b) were answered by Paul.

For (c), you need to customize the gentext templates, and that process is
described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html

For (d) I don't quite understand what you are trying to accomplish.  I'm not
sure what you mean by "return lines".  In the example XML you posted on your
website, the <blockquote> element won't validate.  The <attribution> element
comes first (the stylesheet will put it last), and your large <quote> must
be enclosed in a <para>.  The stylesheets generally don't do well with
documents that are not valid.

For (e), the stylesheets themselves do not generate a plain text file. I
usually generate HTML, and then use a character-based web browser in 'dump'
mode to get formatted plain text.  You might look at 'w3m', 'lynx', or
'links' for that purpose.  Sometimes you can open it in a browser and do a
Save As and select text.

For (f), the public identifiers that point to the OASIS site are messed up
because OASIS changed how they manage their website so that stable URLs are
difficult or impossible.  The DocBook Technical Committee is trying to fix
this problem.

For a tutorial, I think my book can help you get started with DocBook XSL:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

DocBook Consulting