Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook for Test Plans

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure... if I were to write my own DTD for what I think a test plan
should be, then as a second step, convert it back to a DocBook XML, wouldn't
I be better off writing a variant of the DocBook DTD? So that my DTD is also
mostly DocBook and provide a set of XSL stylesheets to transform my DocBook
DTD variant into whatever format I think a testplan should look like.

Say if I were to do that, wouldn't it be better if I don't need to create any
new tags and use straight DocBook DTD elements but provide XSL stylesheets to
convert the standard DocBook XML into what I want... much like what the
javahelp stylesheets are doing?

Just wondering if anyone has already tackled this issue and established a
solution that everyone else can use.

I basically want to write test plans using XML DocBook (standard DTD if
possible but am happy to use a variant) and generate HTML or PDFs from them
which I can distribute to testers. They probably don't want to have anything
to do with DocBook itself.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Hwei