Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XInclude issue

Hi Jacques,

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:02:10AM +0200, Jacques wrote:

> When I transform book.xml in html with dockbook.xsl version 1.65.1
> the result is just the book.xml part and <xi:include></xi:include>

Which XSLT processor are you using, and what's your command line?
With xsltproc, for example, you need to tell it to process XIncludes
with the --xinclude command line switch.

> <xi:include href="intro.xml"
>             xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

As an aside, the namespace is interesting.  I was just about to
suggest that you use (not that it's likely to be the source of your
problem):

http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude

However, if you point a browser at that URL, the W3C states that the
namespace name is deprecated.  The only reason I use the 2003 name is
because xsltproc warns that the 2001 name is dperecated.  Have I
missed something here?

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net