Subject: Re: [docbook] Help with emphasis tag

[Moved to docbook-apps]

Hi Bart,

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 07:17:40AM -0700, Bart Garst wrote:

> From the DocBook book I found:
> <emphasis role="bold">
>
> Unfortunately this didn't work. Can someone please help me out?

Are you trying to create HTML?  AFAICS, the default value for the HTML
'emphasis.propagates.style' is '1', in which case you should be able
to use markup like:

and get:

Then you can use CSS to render the emphasised text bold:

    span.bold {
        font-weight: bold;
    }

If you're generating FO, you would need to use a different approach.
Reply if that's what you're doing, and we can go through that.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net

PGP signature