Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DSSSL stylesheet maintenance

At 2004-06-29T22:27:21+02:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Is anyone still maintaining the DSSSL stylesheets?  There are some
> bugs that should be fixed and that are quite easy to fix, but
> apparently no one is paying attention.  What can be done so someone
> at least commits submitted patches?

Hi Peter, and list,

I too have been wondering about this.  In addition to small bug fixes,
as Peter has mentioned, there are some elements that are not processed
at all by the DSSSL stylesheets, e.g., `biblioid'.

The docbook DSSSL stylesheets form a magnificent piece of work, and I
do hope that they will be maintained and extended.  I am willing to
help in any way I can.

Regarding extending the stylesheets, I have sporadically tried adding
customization layers for them to output HTML conforming to various
DTDs, such as HTML 4.01, and ISO/IEC 15445:2000.  I truly would like
to have the output be valid under the latter DTD.  As I said, I am
willing to help in the work.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

Cheers,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | See mail headers for contact
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | and OpenPGP details.