Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] website and jsp

Michael Ostermeier <mosterme@gmx.de> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 10:32 schrieb Arnaud Vandyck:
>
>> I'd like to use jsp's in my website and I use the website
>> stylesheets. The problem is I don't know how to embed the jsp tags. I
>> already made some php and the processing tags works well.
>
>> The problem then was the root element of the jsp page... I'd like to
>> have the stylesheets to automatically detect if it's a jsp page or an
>> xhtml page (yes, I have to use xhtml or jsp's will fail). I did some
>> tests but did not find how to do this. Thanks for a hint.
>
> I'm not exactly sure, what you are trying to do, but you might want
> to take a look at Filters:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/index.html

I'm reading Struts (for another point of view;-)) and I'm reading about
Filters, thanks for the pointer, it's also a good idea.

> you can write the docbook-website code directly with the jsp

That's what I do. Well, I write jsp (xml style) in docbook-website ATM
;-)

> and do the transform with a simple xslt filter...

The idea was to perform transformation before so the page could be
generated faster, but maybe I'm wrong and the transform process is
really fast? I got to try this...

A year ago or so I also tried the Cocoon way but had some problems with
generating the autolayout.xml as a cocoon pipeline... maybe I have to
try this one more...

Cheers,

--
Arnaud Vandyck

There are 3 types of guys -- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds, that
is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by girls
who are slightly more intelligent than average; and the guys who are
also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy that they
can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a girl.
		-- Vikki Roemer on debian-curiosa