Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] website and jsp

So there are two completely different approaches.

1. Customize the XSL stylesheet you are already using, which currently
generates XHTML, and have it stick JSP tags inside the output.

2. Write a JSP which spits out an XSLT-generated-docbook inbewteen JSP tags.

Doesn't approach 2 requires the XSLT to read and parse the entire document
before you can transform the subtree you wish to generate, for each page you
wish to view?

Approach 2 will require a lot more server-side XSLT transformations, using a
very complicated stylesheet, and possibly a HUGE document (even if you are
only processing a small subtree, it still requires the parsing of the whole
doc).

Approach 1, sticking a few XML-format JSP tags into the generated output and
writing to a file with a .jsp extension instead of a .html extension, would
be the most efficient use of CPU time, especially for large docbooks which do
not change frequently.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this problem myself, but I have not solved it
yet. I'm trying to use XSLTproc to generate JSP tags in the sheets.

--
S. Alan Ezust
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada