Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using "role" attribute in Chunked Section Titles andSubTitles

Phil

Avoiding the debate over the fact that you probably don't want to put your
text inside a <section> if it naturally doesn't have a title to go with
it... (I'm sometimes in the same boat as you where I want to use <section>
to keep my content modular)...

If you use FOP to process your FO and produce a PDF containing bookmarks,
you can edit ../fo/fop.xsl to get what you want.

By wrapping an <xsl:if> statement around the main <xsl:choose> statement
you can skip those blank titles...

eg:
  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:variable name="bookmark-label">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="object.title.markup"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <!-- Put the root element bookmark at the same level as its children -->
  <!-- If the object is a set or book, generate a bookmark for the toc -->
 <xsl:if test="$bookmark-label != ''">
  <xsl:choose>
  </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:if>