Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Any advice on transforming XHTML to DocBook?

Hi Patrick,

You could try the 'html2db' tool:

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ppadala/tidy/

Of course, you'll still have to do some cleanup afterwards, but it's a
step in the right direction.

Cheers,
Mark

Patrick Tinley wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> would anyone have any pointers about transforming XHTML files to DocBook.
> I have a lot of HTML files containing content that we want to reuse in
> PDFs.
>
> I'd like to be able to produce a fairly high quality manual with this
> stuff.
> Therefore its not enough to use Acrobat 6 to make a PDF from the
> collection of files.
>
> I'm thinking DocBook because I could choose to either bring it into Adobe
> Framemaker and format it there or possible use XSL FO to PDF.
>
> I have not found any discussions on this topic anywhere -- guess everyone
> else is going the other way.
>
> thanks,
> Patrick

> the system manager.
> www.vistatec.ie

Mark Johnson      <mrj@debian.org>
Debian XML/SGML:  <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org>
Home Page:        <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242