Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSL trouble with generating XHTML from TOC

On Thursday 29 July 2004 15:21, Frans Englich wrote:

Well, that could have been put better. I'll try phrasing my problem in a more
generic way:

A template matches a set of elements(let's say 8 para) and I want to generate
a HTML table with 3 rows and 3 cells each, each one containing the content of
one para. In other words, after the two rows have been filled, two more are
filled on the last row, and then one empty cell is left.

I have two problems getting this to work:
* Inserting the empty cell -- the XSL must somehow know the amount of elements
already parsed, and then know how many empty cells are missing, in order to
fill it out.
* The XSL must after an arbitrary number of elements(in the example, 3) are
parsed, it should start a new row.

It feels like I'm into "template thinking" -- but how can this otherwise be
solved(not that it works with traditional looping or any other way)?

Cheers,

			Frans