Subject: Docbook-Slides with xsltproc

Hello i'm a docbook & Xml newbie,
I'm tryng to process the test.xml file of the slide-3.3. pakage mantained
by Norman Walsh, using xsltproc. I don't use saxon and other java parsers
because i have an old JRE on my machine, and i have no experience with
java. The stylesheet is detected by the parser, but the compilation, seems
to go in loop and take a lot of time and a lot of CPU, without ending!

I also tryed with mozilla but i had the gray screen...
==== xsltptoc version (output?) =======================================
$ xsltproc -V

Using libxml 20502, libxslt 10025 and libexslt 716
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20502, libxslt 10025 and libexslt 716
libxslt 10025 was compiled against libxml 20502
libexslt 716 was compiled against libxml 20502

Steps:

1) I added the stylesheet instruction to the test file
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE slides SYSTEM "../schema/dtd/slides.dtd">
<?dbhtml graphics-dir="../graphics"?>
<?dbhtml css-stylesheet="../browser/slides.css"?>
<?dbhtml script-dir="../browser"?>
<!-- stylesheet instruction -->
<?xml-stylesheet  type="text/xsl" href="../xsl/html/plain.xsl"?>

<slides>
<slidesinfo>
  <title>Test Slides Title That's Really Really Long and Would Never
Really Be U
sed Exactly Like This</title>
</slidesinfo>....

2)then:

$ xsltproc -v test.xml

==== OUTPUT ===============================================

xsltLoadStylesheetPI : found PI href=../xsl/html/w3c.xsl
xsltLoadStylesheetPI : fetching ../xsl/html/w3c.xsl
xsltParseStylesheetFile : parse ../xsl/html/w3c.xsl
Added namespace: xsl mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
Added namespace: html mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
Added namespace: xsl mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
Added namespace: html mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
Added namespace: exsl mapped to http://exslt.org/common
exclude result prefix exsl
exclude result prefix exsl
xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
added pattern : 'colophon' mode 'enumerate-files' priority 0.000000
xsltParseStylesheetTemplate: mode enumerate-files
xsltParseTemplateContent: removing text
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'legalnotice'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed legalnotice, default priority 0.000000
added pattern : 'legalnotice' mode 'enumerate-files' priority 0.000000
xsltParseStylesheetTemplate: mode enumerate-files
xsltParseTemplateContent: removing text
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'mediaobject[imageobject] '
xsltCompilePattern : parsed mediaobject[imageobject] , default priority
0.500000
xsltCompilePattern : parsing ' inlinemediaobject[imageobject]'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed  inlinemediaobject[imageobject], default
priority 0.50000added pattern : 'mediaobject[imageobject] ' mode
'enumerate-files'
priority 0.500000
added pattern : ' inlinemediaobject[imageobject]' mode 'enumerate-files'
priority 0.500000
xsltParseStylesheetTemplate: mode enumerate-files
xsltCompilePattern : parsing 'text()'
xsltCompilePattern : parsed text(), default priority -0.500000
added pattern : 'text()' mode 'enumerate-files' priority -0.500000
parsed 5 templates
... the output is very long but it doesn't produce any html...

anybody know's wath is going wrong?

Thankyou in advance
_Andrea Fiore0