Subject: bibliography.collection and bibliography.numbering clash

Hi,

I am really new to DocBook and hence am a little nervous with this posting.

I have been following the instructions from the on line version of
DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide Chapter 12. Bibliographies at
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Bibliographies.html (paper copy on
way from Amazon).

I am bringing in the bibliography entries from a database and want to
use the automatic numbering feature. The xrefs in my article get
numbered correctly but the bibliography entries get numbered according
to their position in the bibliography database.

Looking around I have found this in the sourceforge bug tracker "[
992905 ] HTML: wrong bibl. numbering with ext. bibliography" at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=992905&group_id=21935&atid=373747

that is from Oliver Bolzer. I tried his patch (on html/biblio.xsl in the
1.66.0 docbook-xsl release) and it works for me.

I have 4 questions.

1. Is this a recognised bug?

2. Is this fix from Oliver safe/correct?

3. Will this fix make it into the next release? I could send in a patch
(which patch format do you prefer) if it would be useful but I am not
yet confident my indentation is correct.

4. Am I correct in thinking I need to make the same changes in the
biblio.xsl for all other output formats? (I have changed html so I guess
that leaves fo and xhtml).

Many thanks for the tools and documentation. I am quite pleased with my
progress, now I just need to write the actual assignment ;-)

Regards

Dave
--
Dave Warnock