Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Placement of revision history in HTML output

Personal view on revhistory.

I use it whilst developing a document,
and don't process it for final delivery.

As to 'where' it should be...
    I'm sure Bob will tell us if I'm wrong,
but I believe what happens is;

1. The xslt processing does not validate the document source XML.
2. The xslt processing triggers templates such as revhistory,
    whereever they are found? Even if in the wrong place.
3. It is worth validating the source XML occasionally, before it
becomes a big job to correct it (yes, speaking from experience).

I think that's right?

Perhaps the 'proper' way of getting the revhistory would
be to insert a pi wherever you want the table to be,
then process it yourself in a customisation layer?

HTH DaveP