Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] qanda -> HTML missing <p> tag (was Problemusing Q and A Sets)

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 14:55, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Thanks for the complete information on the problem.  Rather than adding <p>
> to the label, wouldn't a better solution be to remove the <p> from the first
> para of the question or answer? That is done in other parts of the
> stylesheet for similar reasons, using the unwrap.p template in
> html/html-rtf.xsl.  That way you don't end up with the label lower than the
> answer when it doesn't start with a para.  See your "How do I switch the
> policy I'm using?" question in your example.  That answer starts with a
> be lower than the caution box.

That's a very good point.

I'd been thinking of the usage of <p> as inviolable.  This is my
practice, anyway.  But I can't find anything in the HTML 4.01 or the
XHTML 1.0 specification that says you _must_ contain a paragraph with

Freed of that constraint (apparently?), your suggestion is elegant,
thanks.

> BTW, you might want to try a later version of the stylesheets.  The extra
> dot after the Q: and A: has been fixed.

Thanks.  That was next on my list of annoyances to figure out/find out
if it was already fixed. :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer