Subject: Problem: Not both textobjects & imageobjects in xsl/html output

Hi All,

When generating html output, the xsl stylesheets will only render
the first <*object> within a <mediaobject>.

For example,

     <mediaobject>
       <textobject>
          <para>some text</para>
       </textobject>

       <imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="graphic.png"/>
       </imageobject>
     </mediaobject>

only outputs the <textobject> content. When I reverse the order:

     <mediaobject>
       <imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="graphic.png"/>
       </imageobject>

       <textobject>
          <para>some text</para>
       </textobject>
     </mediaobject>

only the graphic gets rendered.

Is this the intended behavior? (Smells like a bug.)

However, I *can* output the combos imageobject/caption or
textobject/caption, so that I can place text above or below the
graphic. But this approach/hack only allows me to use one block of
text within the mediaobject, when I really want to have the option
of rendering a text object both before & after a imageobject.

Any insights?

Slight digression below
-----------------------

FWIW, I found a simple hack to (globally) move the <caption> so it
appears before the imageobject by simply reversing the order of the
statements

     <xsl:apply-templates select="$object"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="caption"/>

in the file html/graphics.xsl.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Johnson      <mrj@debian.org>
Debian XML/SGML:  <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org>
Home Page:        <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242