Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Program listings in tables.

I presume you have the shade.verbatim parameter turned on for regular
programlistings, and you just want that turned off when it is in a table?

There isn't a parameter to do that, but you could customize the template
with match="programlisting|screen|synopsis" in fo/verbatim.xsl.  Where it is
checking the $shade.verbatim parameter, add another condition to check the
programlisting's ancestors.

Change:

    <xsl:when test="$shade.verbatim != 0">

to:

   <xsl:when test="$shade.verbatim != 0 and not(ancestor::entry)">

Now the shading properties will be used only if the programlisting is not
inside a table entry element.

DocBook Consulting