Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Weird callout issue

At 15:47 21.10.2004, you wrote:

>I've downloaded batik (a file named batik-src-1.5.1.zip) which
>uncompressed gave me a folder xml-batik. Inside this folder I choose to
>build all batik with the command line :
>ant all-jar
>
>After the compilation, I found batik-1.5.1/lib/batik-all.jar
>
>Is this jar file is correct for batik ?

yes, should be the right one (ca 2.442 KB)

>By the way, I put this new jar in /Developer/Java/Ant (which is in my
>CLASSPATH), and try to compile the rasterizertask. In the batik folder
>there is a contrib/rasterizertask folder with a build.xml file.
>
>I try the command line ant jar to generate (I suppose) the
>rasterizertask jar file. But the compilation failed :-(
>
>The first error message is :
>
>[javac]
>/private/tmp/xml-batik/contrib/rasterizertask/sources/org/apache/tools/
>ant/taskdefs/optional/RasterizerTask.java:22: package
>org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer does not exist

hm, either the jar is not in the CLASSPATH for Ant, or it doesn't contain
the org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer package.

look into batik-all.jar and search for a directory
org/apache/batik/apps/rasterizer - if it's not in there, the build process
for that jar wasn't successful for any reason

if you found that package inside batik-all.jar and nevertheless get that
errors above, then the classpath wasn't set properly

the easiest way to cope with that problem is to copy the batik-all.jar file
into the Ant/lib directory so Ant can recognize it automatically if you
start the build process for the RasterizerTask

>I'm sorry to distrub you with my stupid problem :-)

no problem ;)

Alex