Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] many problems with converting DocBook XML to PDF

Hello,

why did nobody answer my mail?

Meanwhile, I experimented with other ways of converting DocBook XML to PDF and
found out that neither of them is really satisfying.

So I ask myself what you people out there do to convert your DocBook XML files
to PDF.  Or if you can live with line breaks after list bullets, strings like
"--4pc" inserted in your output, missing author lines etc. etc.?  If you
accept overly large spacing?  If nobody of you uses MathML embedded in
DocBook XML or if those who do can live with formula output which looks like
it would appear in your children's excercise-books?  (If you don't know what
I mean, see http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/screenshot01.jpg.)

I would be really be happy if someone could take the time and tell me a way to
generate PDF from DocBook XML (preferably with MathML) that actually works
well.

Wolfgang