Subject: Hyphenation never completes

Hi,

First-time poster.

We're using FOP and the DocBook FO stylesheets. In our customization file, we cannot turn hyphenation on or the PDF rendering process goes into what seems to be an infinite loop.

This is the only line we add:

<xsl:param name="hyphenate">true</xsl:param>

The DocBook file is roughly 1.5 MB. The longest time we've waited for the process to finish is 14 hours.

Any ideas why the process is taking so long? Are there any tips for adding hyphenation to table cells?

Thanks in advance,

--Craig