Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to vary point size in an Appendix

Hi Dick,
When you say reduce the base point size, do you mean just the size of the
body text, or do you mean all text whose size is based on the body text
size, or do you mean all text in the appendix including section titles,
running heads, etc.?  I ask that because footnotes are taken as 0.8 *
$body.font.master, formal.object.headings are 1.2 * $body.font.master, etc.
Section title sizes are determined by the titlepage.templates.xml spec file.

If you just want to change the body text font size, then you can do that
pretty easily by a small customization of the match="appendix" template from
fo/component.xsl:

Replace:
         <xsl:apply-templates/>
with:
     <fo:wrapper font-size="90%">
      </xsl:apply-templates/>
    </fo:wrapper>

This will set the font-size for the appendix text to 90% of what is
specified in $root.properties, but only for text that does not have a
font-size property. Footnotes won't change, because they still have a
font-size property that is still computed as 0.8 * $body.font.master, which
does not change.  It also won't affect titles, running headers/footers, etc.
So if you only want to change the body font size, that will work.

But if you want to scale everything down, it is harder.

DocBook Consulting