Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

At 19:05 11/11/2004, Jirka Kosek wrote:

>Sounds reasonable. We also could parametrize whether default style goes
>into head or into external CSS stylesheets.

External only please Jirka. For the cascade?
Author proposes, user disposes?

>  Having it in head is good for non-chunked output because output is not
> depending on any other file. But when doing chunking user must already
> cope with set of files so generating external CSS has sense IMHO.

If I choose not to use an external stylesheet,
then I would hope to get good, well formed (X)HTML,
which can be styled by any recipients default stylesheet.

With no CSS stylesheet, its still good HTML.

I can't think of a cleaner solution.

regards DaveP