Subject: Ignore Non-DocBook tags?

Hi All,

Thank you for the help!  It makes the DocBook community a very nice
place to work!

I have a set of tags which are not DocBook, but are XML, and I want
DocBook to ignore them.  For example, below should ignore <gene> and
</gene>, but keep the CLK-1 hot text.   Whats the best way to do this?

<para> The name
	      <ulink url="http://www.weblink.org/db/gene/gene?name=clk-1";>
                     <gene grammar ='NNS' reference='direct'> CLK-1
</gene>
                </ulink>
	    should link to the proper page in wormbase.
</para>

should be "interpreted" as

<para> The name
	      <ulink url="http://www.weblink.org/db/gene/gene?name=clk-1";>
                   CLK-1
                </ulink>
	    should link to the proper page in wormbase.
</para>

Cheers,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler