Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Table Caption

Sorry, I misunderstood the table output that you wanted.

First modify the formal.title.placement param as before:

<xsl:param name="formal.title.placement">
figure before
example before
equation before
table after
procedure before
task before
</xsl:param>

Then use a regular formal table with the title, like this:
     <title>The table above simply shows rows an columns</title>
     <tgroup cols="4">
       <tbody>
         .
         .
         .
       </tbody>
     </tgroup>

The title should be rendered after the table.