Subject: docbook toolchain was: Aligning TeX-formulas included as EPS or PNG

Hello,

> I discovered this about 3 days ago.
> if you use the dbtexmath stuff with dvi2bitmap-0.13b2 :

> Thats the general idea anyway.
> cool or what?
Yep.

My targeted output format is pdf. The one of the solution you describe is
html(?).
Your hint to dbtexmath led me to
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TexMath.html.
So I'll try passivetex fearing that it will not deal with my SVGs, though.

Generally, what really disturbs me with the docbook toolchains I've put
together is that I could not find one that would let me
   - produce high quality output with the features I am looking for
(footnotes, bibliography, index) AND
   - easy integration of formulas AND
   - support of SVG (transparency)

XEP supports all but the second. FOP does none really good. LaTeX
(db2latex) does not do the SVG-stuff.
Or did I overlook something?

best regards
Steffen