Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping elements together

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Steve Ulrich wrote:
>
>> end of a side. For Example: There are many figures with a title and a
>> screenshot. Sometimes the title is displayed at the bottom of one page
>> and the screenshot appears at the top of the next page. Is there a way
>> to tell the conversion script that this should be one part and the title
>> has to be on the same page as the screenshot?
>

> What toolchain are you using for getting printed output?
> If FOP this is its known limitation. But if you will use more mature
> XSL-FO processors like XEP or XSL-Formatter you will get great PDF.

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of switching to DocBook from MS stuff for my technical
documentation. This is one of the fundamental questions: what XSL-FO
processor do I use? I am evaluating XML Mind XML Editor, they have XFC
(converter) bundled with the professional edition of their editor. Is it
as good as products you mentioned, Jirka?
I don't want to go for a toolchain one can build from pieces, I'd opt
for an integrated solution (money isn't the issue).  I want to have a
professional quality output, PDF and (X)HTML.

rgds,

Zbyszek