Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping elements together

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Zbyszek Cybulski wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of switching to DocBook from MS stuff for my technical
>> documentation. This is one of the fundamental questions: what XSL-FO
>> processor do I use? I am evaluating XML Mind XML Editor, they have
>> XFC (converter) bundled with the professional edition of their
>> editor. Is it as good as products you mentioned, Jirka?
>> I don't want to go for a toolchain one can build from pieces, I'd opt
>> for an integrated solution (money isn't the issue).  I want to have a
>> professional quality output, PDF and (X)HTML.
>

> XFC is not able to generate PDF output format. It can generate RTF or
> WordML. So if you want to get PDF you must use some other FO
> processor. My favorite is XEP, but XSL Formatter is comparable in all
> aspects. There are also other FO processors on the marked but XEP and
> XSL Formatter are two that have special support in stylesheets -- you
> will get metadata in your PDFs, indexes with merged pageranges,
> bookmarks, etc.
>
>                     Jirka

Well, it's not the case since they provide the XSL Utility which is able
to generate HTML, RTF, and PDF. So, there must be something underneath.
I don't know what it is and have no time to investigate but it worked.
My question is: Does this toolset generate professional quality output?
Is it worth investing money?
Any help appreciated.

Zbyszek