Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunked html with two-pass processing for profiles

Jens Porup <jens@porup.com> writes:

[...]

> 	compilation error: file temp.html.xml line 3 element book
> 	xsltParseStylesheetProcess : document is not a stylesheet
>
> Huh?
>
> Here's my make target:
>
> 	tech_spec_html: tech_spec.xml
> 		cd tech_spec; ¥
> 		xsltproc --output temp.html.xml ¥
> 		--stringparam profile.condition html ¥
> 		/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/profiling/profile.xsl ¥
> 		../tech_spec.xml; #THIS WORKS
> 		xsltproc --debug ¥ #BUT THIS DOESN'T
> 		--stringparam use.id.as.filename ¥
> 		/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/html/chunk.xsl ¥
> 		temp.html.xml;

You have to specify a value for the use.id.as.filename parameter -

  xsltproc --debug ¥
  --stringparam use.id.as.filename 1 ¥
  /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/html/chunk.xsl ¥
  temp.html.xml;

With what you had, I think xsltproc thought that the value was
"/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/html/chunk.xsl" and it
though that the stylesheet was temp.html.xml. So I guess that's
why it was telling you it's not a stylesheet.

smime.p7s