Subject: Using ISONUM.ENT correctly

I am using a Mac OSX 10.3.8 with Adobe Reader 6.0, Saxon 6.5.3 and FOP
0.20.5.  My system's Font Book shows the "Symbol" font enabled under
both AllFonts>Computer, and PDF, but not AllFonts>User.  Is this the
problem?

I would like to show several symbols in my PDF - but having no luck.
For example, how would I show (in PDF) the horizontal bar referenced in
the isonum.ent file:

<!ENTITY horbar           "&#x02015;" ><!--HORIZONTAL BAR -->

I have tried putting the following at the top of my DocBook article:

   <!ENTITY % isonum PUBLIC
          "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Numeric and Special Graphic//EN//XML"
          "http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isonum.ent";

        %isonum;

But this is not correct my parser tells me (something with the last
line I believe).

I have also tried various combinations of hex /dec, unicode, etc., as
well as various stylesheet things like :

<xsl:param name="symbol.font.family"
select="'Symbol,ZapfDingbats'"></xsl:param>

<!-- Force Special Characters to change to Symbol font
(http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html)  - BEGIN -->
<xsl:template match="symbol[@role = 'symbolfont']">
<fo:inline font-family="Symbol">
<xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
</fo:inline>
</xsl:template>
<!-- Force Special Characters to change to Symbol font
(http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html)  - END -->

-----

I would like to show several symbols in my PDF - but having no luck.
For example, how would I show (in PDF) the horizontal bar referenced in
the isonum.ent file:

<!ENTITY horbar           "&#x02015;" ><!--HORIZONTAL BAR -->

Could someone give a clear description of how to use these character
entities?

Thank you,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler