Subject: using XIncludes

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:45:08AM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> I see three solutions:
>
> c.  Put the section in a separate file and use XInclude to include it in the
> main document.  Then it is not redundant, and can be processed on its own as
> needed.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your prior post.

I've been trying to get my subsection XInclude'd for a couple of days
now, and it's just not happening.

Here's what my Xinclude looks like:

        <xi:include  href="automation/tablestuff.xdbk"
         xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

The included file is generated programmattically (lots of tables), but the top
looks like:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>
        <!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
        "/usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.3/docbookx.dtd">
        <chapter id="my_chapter">
        <title> etc....

When I try to validate the doc with:

    xmllint --noout --noent --xinclude --postvalid tech_spec.xml

It validates--there are no errors.

But when I xsltproc for both html and doc, I get the errors:

        (HTML) No template matches xi:include in book.

        (PDF) xi:include encountered in book, but no template matches.

The relative pathname is correct from the perspective of the build
document. The documentation suggests this should be fine; I tried
absolute pathnames as well, but this made no difference.

It looks like I've got this mostly working, but this final step
eludes me.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Jens