Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Part of a book

When I test your part element with the 1.68.1 stylesheets, I get the TOC
line as follows:

   First Part. My First part ..........

And the part titlepage is as follows:

   Part First Part. My First part

In the DocBook stylesheets, the "label" is just the number.  You have
replaced the generated number with "First Part" by specifying the label
attribute.  By default, the TOC just shows the number followed by the title,
the same behavior as for chapters.  On the title page, it generates the word
"Part" followed by your label "First Part", followed by the title.

You seem to be suggesting that you don't see "Part First Part".  Are you
using a customization?  Do you get the same behavior with the stock
stylesheets?

If you want to eliminate the generated word "Part" on the titlepage, you
should customize the l10n gentext template with name="part" in the context
"title".  You would remove the "Part " from its text attribute.

DocBook Consulting