Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] reprinting the toc -a website hack

On Friday 25 March 2005 06:56, Webmaster wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there anyone out there that has bene able to display the book's toc
in a
> colapsble folder format, (on each page off to the side) and expand the
> appropriate folder depending on the page that the user is viewing? For
> instance, if the user is reading chapper 3 section 4, the navigation
would
> collapse all chapters but chapter 3 and maybe even highlight section 4's
> title.
>
> Thanks!

I have customized the DocBook-xsl-1.66.0 html stylesheets to include
support for website within chunk.xsl

Basically, you can add a docbook book/part/article to your tabular
website and have the website table of contents cascade down through
all the chunked chapters/sections etc.

It can work for a stand alone document, but it needs work to cater
for the document root/home node.

If you would like to experiment, let me know because I have nowhere to put
it and I suspect it is not a nice snug fit with the current and future
stylesheet distributions.

Doug