Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Converting DocBook to PDF using PHP

XSLT cannot generate PDF output directly.  It can generate XSL:FO (an
XML format), which can then be transformed into PDF (a binary format) by
an XSL:FO processor such as FOP (Java app).  If it really must be
on-the-fly, then I'd suggest generating the XSLFO on the fly, saving
that to a file via PHP, then running the FOP command line tool via PHP's
local-shell exec methods (there are 2 or 3 I believe) to generate a PDF
file, which you then read off the disk and return via PHP.  I've not
done binary files with PHP myself, I'm afraid, so I can't help you on
the syntax there.  It will probably also be painfully slow this way.

Are you sure you can't do off line scheduled generation?

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."  -- Thomas Jefferson