Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Weird error message: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.

It is complaining about a comment in the DTD file, not your document.  If it is random, I think it is an issue of network transmission errors.  Using a catalog to map the DTD reference to local files would solve the problem, most likely.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:58 AM

Hi Bob,

I'm using Saxon to build the files but I'm using xmllint to validate them.

That's the weird thing. It seems to strike at random. The thing is that I don't have any comments in the xml-document.

I've also got this similar error on another file:

Error on line 6009 column 15 of http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:
  Error reported by XML parser: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.

Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

Thanks for your help,

/Kenneth

Kenneth Johansson       Technical Documentation Manager
Sectra Imtec AB
Teknikringen 20         E-mail: ke-joh AT sectra DOT se
SE-583 30 Linköping     Phone:  +46 13 23 52 00
SWEDEN                  Web:    http://www.sectra.se