Subject: using docbook for chemical reports

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anybody has used docbook to write
chemical reports ?

I will need to formulate reactions and formulas, and
doing math xml by hand is really tedious.

Next I would need to transform this report into xhtml
and pdf.

AFAIK most browsers cannot understand math-xml, so I would
need something to make gifs or equivalents. And finally
turn the report into a pdf.

So:
- who has experience with chemical report
- is it possible to convert math-xml in a docbook file
  into a picture for "old" browsers
- can I build a pdf with a free avaible fop renderer ?
- is math xml sufficient for chemical reactions ?
  (e.g. organic compounds)

- Would it be wiser and better to use tex ?

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Mit der Arroganz die intelligentesten Wesen dieser Erde zu sein,
setzen wir uns ueber die Dinge hinweg, die wir nicht verstehen.
gesehen im Karlshof, Darmstadt