Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Import vs include

Le 11 avr. 2005, à 10:38, Bob Stayton a écrit :

> Well, your mail prompted me to reread the XSLT spec with regard to
> import
> precedence.
Sorry for the work.

>   In your situation you have  three templates named
> 'book.titlepage.separator'.
The processes are completely separated for html and pdf formats,
actually they are even more separated processes:
-for html no chunked output format:
db2longhtml.xsl (this one imports html/docbbook.xsl, then includes
titlepage-html.xsl)
titlepage-html.xsl

-for html chunked output format:
db2html.xsl (this one imports html/chunk.xsl, then includes
chunk-common-patched.xsl, then includes titlepage-html.xsl)
chunk-common-patched.xsl
titlepage-html.xsl

There is no book.titlepage.separator in either chunk-common-patched.xsl
nor in db2longhtml.xsl or db2html.xsl, just in titlepage-html.xsl
And it works fine.

-for ps/pdf A4 output format:
pdf-ps-a4.xsl (this one imports fo/docbook.xsl, then imports
titlepage-a4.xsl, then changes book.titlepage.separator)
titlepage-a4.xsl

-for ps/pdf US Letter output format:
pdf-ps-us.xsl (this one imports fo/docbook.xsl, then imports
titlepage-us.xsl, then changes book.titlepage.separator)
titlepage-us.xsl

That's where it is not good to use include.
[snip]

> In summary, it is better to use xsl:import on the generated titlepage
> templates file.  You can use xsl:include only if you don't further
> customize
> any of the titlepage templates.  I need to fix that example in my book.
That's perfectly clear now:
- use include if a template is modified in only one file
- use import otherwise in the order of reverse importance
- always put titlepage customization (import/include) before any other
ones, but the stock ones. ?yes?

Thank you very much.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ceci_est_une_signature_=E9lectronique_PGP?=