Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] excluding image format according to output

Dave Pawson wrote:

>>>Camille, is this  true?
>>>  Generate a .pdf file, simply to add as an image for another file?
>>>Why (if you don't mind me asking)
>>
>>Yes. but first:
>><disclaimer>I'm not an image formats guru by any mean, all I state is
>>based on my limited experience producing documents.</disclaimer>
>
> Ah. That makes two of us that admit to 'not knowing everything' :-)
>

>>I don't embed PDF documents (various pages) in other PDF documents. I
>>just use the "export" function of diagram editors (inkscape, xfig, etc.)
>>to produce a "PDF", vector based version of the diagram.
>
> Thanks. Home ground. I have inkscape on Linux and win32.
> ( I was horrified to see that a tiny block schematic took 132Mb on
> its way to the printer though)
>
> What is the advantage of using pdf import to xxx when
> the target is yyy.pdf?
>   Why not import the svg into the pdf file?

If your processor supports SVG, I think it's better to embed SVG
directly, yes.

regards,

Camille.
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Camille B=C3=A9gnis
n;quoted-printable:B=C3=A9gnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:Domaine du petit Arbois BP 88;;CEEI;Aix en Povence Cedex 4;;13545;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.4.42.22.62.35
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE