Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PDF named destinations using FOP

Ah, that explains something for me.  The XEP processor has an extension for local PDF links.  I wondered how they did it.  If you specify:

external-destination="url(file:myfile.pdf#frag)"

then it forms PDF output similar to what you describe.

When I was looking at the PDF results, FOP would produce /URL syntax when there was a fragment identifier, and it would produce /F syntax when there was not.  So local links to the whole document worked since /F contained just the PDF filename.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:07 AM

That’s great.  I can see that the named destinations now exist.  However, if I can’t link to them…

To get links between local PDF files I don’t think PDF links with a fragment identifier are needed,  I think FOP needs to translate the FO link to something like:

</D(name-of-destination)/F 1126 0 R/S/GoToR>>

<</F(myfile.pdf)/Type/Filespec>>

rather than a <<URI (myfile.pdf#frag)

So I suspect it may be a problem with the type of link generated by FOP.

Tim