Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] entities in processing instructions

I am trying to implement a glossary in Javahelp that does not use
Docbook glossary entities and does not use the Javahelp glossary feature
either. The main reason being that javahelp.xsl does not convert Docbook
glossaries into Javahelp glossaries (it converts them into html, but
that is not enough in this case).

The plan is to use an xml processing instruction like:

<?glossary-entry text="pda" definition="personal digital assistant" ?>

Then I write an xsl template that translates this to an <object> tag
that uses some java code I wrote that will open a window when the text
is hovered with the definition in it.

The problem is I naturally will have "pda" all over my document and I
would not like to replicate the definition everywhere (easier to manage
and translate like this).

So I thought of something like a definition id that I could use
everywhere and the definition text itself in only one place. And I tried
entities that (as you say) will not work.

Sorry for the newbie questions, I know relatively little about both xml
and Docbook.

Any ideas as to how to solve this?

Thanks,

Laszlo