Subject: Re: [docbook] Using an image on the titlepage

Hi Ben,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 04:16:08PM +0200, Ben Branders wrote:

> Is it possible to insert an image on the frontpage in a way that the
> image IS the frontpage?

Yes.

> An example: I make a PNG image in an image editor with the title,
> authors, etc. The way I want it to look. Can I use this image
> instead of the standard frontpage?

This chapter in Bob Stayton's book explains the whole process in
detail:

http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html

In particular, you could create a customised title page specification
file which selects just a 'mediaobject' element in your 'bookinfo'
section, and that 'mediaobject' would point to your graphic:

http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#PrintTitlepageSpecfile

Or, you could create a completely customised title page layout which
uses 'fo:external-image' to point to your graphic:

http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#TitlepageTableLayout

Both methods might be a little daunting if you're _completely_ new to
DocBook, so ask more questions if you can't get it working.

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/
h  http://paul.hoadley.name/