Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] Using an image on the titlepage

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 08:49:01PM +0200, Ben Branders wrote:
> Paul A. Hoadley (24-04-05 17:10)
> > Post a minimal example of XML source that demonstrates the
> > problem, and the customisation layer you're using.  That's only a
> > code fragment above, and the problem could be anywhere.
>
> To make it a bit easier, I uploaded some of the files.
>
> The XSL: http://branders.name/files/pandion/pandion_pdf.xsl (title
> custumization is at the bottom)
>
> The XML: http://branders.name/files/pandion/pandion.xml

There are a few files (that you include as entities) and a lot of
images missing, but I managed to find enough of it to get some output.

You're absolutely right---there's no image on the title page using the
simple construction:

<fo:block>
  <fo:external-image .../>
</fo:block>

I can see the template gets executed, but the external-image element
never makes it to the FO output.  Setting up the title-page as a
table, as in Bob's book, works.

Can anyone explain this?

--
Paul.