Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

Bob,

> I would put forth the proposition that a div without a class or id attribute
> is a div that isn't useful for CSS and can be eliminated.  Same with empty
> divs.  It may be that some of those divs are useful under different
> circumstances when more titlepage information is to be output.  But the
> stylesheet should only output divs if they can serve a purpose.

Sounds like not too bad of an idea to me. I am obviously not a
programmer, but is that "easy" to do? Somebody else also proposed
pretty much the same idea.

My only hesitation with this way of doing things is on the stylesheet
end. How complex will the CSS file become? If only necessary divs will
outputted, then I can one design a stylesheet that will accomodate
everybodies unique needs?

Rene