Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

"Chris Johnson" <cjohnson@capcollege.bc.ca> wrote on Mon, 25 Apr 2005
17:49:46 -0700:

> http://www.capcollege.bc.ca/test/chris/lists/xhtml-10tr.html
>
> Only XHTML 1.0 TR and HTML 4.01 TR handle list enumeration properly
> for current browsers.

It seems to me that this implies we're stuck with XHTML 1.0 TR,
because there seems to be no way to get current browsers to render
XHTML1.1-compliant ol's that do not start at one, and this feature is
required for DocBook's <orderedlist continuation="continues">.

That said, I think we should still try hard to avoid the other
deprecated constructs as far as possible.

As for div's, I think (hope) we have converged on Bob's proposal:
throw out the redundant and useless ones, and keep all that may be
useful for styling.

Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279