Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook production / catalogs with SubVersion?

Perhaps I'm not understanding the problem correctly, but why pull the
flat files out of svn as they're being processed?  Assuming that they
won't change during the compilation, wouldn't an ant-run routine that
does the following be sufficient:

- svn update the current version of the files
- extract SQL->XML files (optional if they're as rare as you say)
- start processing the master DocBook file
- Go get coffee while it compiles

XInclude or not, I believe the entire document needs to be parsed at
once before processing begins, so you'll need all the files in place
anyway before the XSLT scripts can do their thing.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."  -- Thomas Jefferson