Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] confused about article title

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron" <aamehl@pop.actcom.net.il>
To: "docbook" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:13 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] confused about article title

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to change to title font/size/color of my article title.
> I keep ending up with the chapter dealing with titlepages, but I have
> no title page just the article title at the top of my first page.

The stylesheets call the mechanism that deals with title information
"titlepage", even when there is no page break after the title information.

> I tried the following:
> <xsl:attribute-set name="article.titlepage.recto.style">
>
>   <xsl:attribute name="text-align">center</xsl:attribute>
>   <xsl:attribute name="color">#00009C</xsl:attribute>
> <xsl:attribute name="font-weight">bold</xsl:attribute>
>   <xsl:attribute name="font-size">8pt</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:attribute-set>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="article.titlepage.verso.style">
>
> <xsl:attribute name="text-align">center</xsl:attribute>
>   <xsl:attribute name="color">#00009C</xsl:attribute>
> <xsl:attribute name="font-weight">bold</xsl:attribute>
>   <xsl:attribute name="font-size">8pt</xsl:attribute>
>

> </xsl:attribute-set>
>
> but the font size for my article remain giant. the color worked.
>
> must I write a spec file just to change to size of my article title
> font?

That would work, although in this case you don't have to.  The
component.title template is used to format the title for chapter, appendix,
article, and a few other elements.  It uses a component.title.properties
attribute set that should work for you. See this reference:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitleFontSizes.html#OtherComponentTitles

DocBook Consulting