Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Web-based help from Docbook

> I'm not sure if this will help or not, the link below has
> been in my Inbox for some time waiting for me to look into -
> essentially for the features you outline.
>
> http://www.scottnesbitt.net/techdocs/WebHelp_with_DocBook.html
>
> Let me know if this is suitable - if only to add a tick to my
> To-Do list

I followed those instructions to create applethelp from my Docbook
content.  I was initially confused by the title of that article.  Unless
I am still confused, applethelp.xsl creates Web-based help that does not
include a full text search function.  Macromedia(r) WebHelp(r) is a
proprietary format that has a more complete set of online help features.
There are no Docbook XSL stylesheets that generate WebHelp.  Please let
me know if I am mistaken.

I did not find the applethelp format to be suitable but only because it
does not include a search function.  If that were added and I polished
the appearance with CSS and some new graphics, I would be happy
releasing my documents as applethelp.  Does anyone know whether
development of the applethelp stylesheet is ongoing?

Thanks.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation
617-453-5760 x441